Sunday, 11 September 2011

I'm ready!

Well I'm all set. The shopping has been done. The exercise for the week planned, and some backup options have been also planned. I did the fitness test this morning with two delightful ladies who are also starting the program tomorrow. I really surprised myself in a couple of areas, and laughed off my failings in a couple of others. 
So my failings are my abs strength - I couldn't even complete level 1, and the sit and reach test - hopelessly short hamstrings. So in those two areas I'm a beginner! Now for the bit that surprised me, I completed my 1km time trial comfortably within the intermediate range despite walking a couple of sections and the wall sit where I just scrapped into the intermediate level. Then my upper body strength placed me in the advanced level.
So my goals for the first four weeks is to get out of the beginner zone. I'm really not sure how I can achieve this in the sit and reach test, but I'm thinking plenty of stretching. For my appalling abs, it's got to be Abs, Butts and Thighs classes.
The girls and Gorgeous husband are supporting me every step of the way. The girls were awake early this morning and came with me, cheering me on and supporting me - I've given Gorgeous Husband the meal plan, and asked him if there is anything that he would refuse to eat, but so far he is happy to try every dinner, but would prefer to stick with his normal breakfast and lunch - fair enough!

Somewhat nervous, but also excited about tomorrow :D

1 comment:

  1. Yay Ella, great results on the fitness test. I always like doing the first one, even though the 1km is a killer - because I know that I get to do it again at weeks 4, 8, and 12 and get to see how much faster and fitter I have become.

    Hope you are having a great first week.

    ReplyDelete